On the first Thursday of every month, The Children’s Museum opens its doors from 4 to 8 p.m. for $6 admission per person. $6 First Thursday was postponed in February due to weather but will be held March 3 when the museum celebrates Black achievements in history, science, art, music, and sports with special programming. You can:
· Participate in the Community Artist Showcase featuring local Black artists.
· Celebrate African-American heritage through stories and music.
· Contribute to the #BLACKLIVESMATTER mural with a variety of colors, shapes, and patterns.
· Discover how soybeans can be used to make a variety of products and learn about the work of African- American chemist and soybean scientist Dr. Percy Julian.
· Take a stand for a social justice cause in the Making WAVES program
*The Children’s Museum continues to operate at reduced capacity. To ensure reservations, visit https://www.childrensmuseum.org/visit/buy-tickets. Face masks that cover the nose and mouth are required indoors for all visitors ages 2 and older, regardless of vaccination status. Visitors who do not comply will be asked to leave.
The museum is located at 3000 N. Meridian St., Indianapolis 46208.